I have told people, posted on my blog and such that diabetes can be cured. So many people have told me that I am wrong. But, my doctor says that I no longer have diabetes, and he is baffled, but agrees that I am cured of diabetes! Other doctors agree with me on this too.
So, if my diabetes is gone after 25 years, how could I be wrong? And, there are thousands, tens of thousands, who have also cured diabetes!
The video below is a lecture/presentation by Dr. Jason Fung. Dr. Fung is an expert in curing diabetes! He is, in my view, the world’s leading expert on fasting for improved health. Watch the video, I am betting (particularly if you have diabetes) you will find it fascinating.
The things that Dr. Fung talked about have occurred in my life. The good and the bad!
Bad things that I have experienced because of diabetes (insulin resistance) and obesity:
- A lifetime of being belittled and ridiculed by people who don’t even know me.
- Constant struggle with weight even when I was a child.
- Stroke in 2001.
- Heart Attack in 2016.
- Quadruple Heart Bypass Surgery in 2016.
- Dozens of serious infections over the years made worse by diabetes.
- After starting to use Insulin in 2016 I gained 70 pounds while eating only 800 calories per day!
Since finding Dr. Fung and learning about the things he is doing to cure diabetes and help people with medical conditions like me, here are some good things that I have experienced:
- Eliminated my need for oral diabetes medication.
- Eliminated my need for using insulin.
- Lowered my blood pressure to the point where I no longer need medication for that.
- Lost significant weight after no longer using insulin.
- Flushed out the glycogen stores in my liver through fasting.
- Lowered my blood sugar levels (FBS and HBA1C) to low levels (non-diabetic levels).
- High levels of energy.
- Mental clarity and more brain power than ever.
I honestly can’t remember a time in my life when I felt as good as I do now. Mentally and physically. I tell people that I have not felt this well since I was in High School, but to be honest, I don’t remember if I felt this good even then! As a 55 year old man who nearly died 6 months ago due to heart disease, this is nothing short of amazing, at least it is to me!
The overall theme of the video above is “The Two Big Lies of Type 2 Diabetes”. These lies are the things that have been taught to us as truths over our lifetimes. I don’t think that doctors have intentionally lied to us, I think that they have told us lies that they believed to be true. These “lies” are:
- Diabetes is a Chronic, Progressive Disease. It is cannot be cured, it only gets worse with time.
- Lowering Blood Sugar is the goal of treatment given for Type 2 Diabetes
These things are indeed lies! Why is each a lie?
- Diabetes is a Chronic, Progressive Disease – as I have spelled out in this article, and as Dr. Fung makes very clear and presents evidence for in the video, diabetes actually can be cured! My doctor says that I no longer have diabetes after 25 years of being diabetic, so my diabetes has been cured. So, indeed, Diabetes being chronic (can’t be cured, only gets worse) is a big lie!
- Lowering Blood Sugar is a Goal of the treatment. No, high blood sugar is only a symptom of the disease! It is not the disease itself! If the doctor gives insulin and the blood sugar goes down the disease is not cured, which is proven because insulin is still necessary, and will, in fact, need to be increased over time, showing that the disease is only getting worse, not better!
Over the years since I have been diagnosed with diabetes, my doctors have always told me that my problem is that my pancreas is not producing enough insulin. One of my doctors even told me that my pancreas probably is no longer producing insulin at all. I did not know before, but this is not correct! There is a basis of truth though. My pancreas was not able to produce enough insulin, but that does not mean it was producing no insulin or very little insulin. What was happening was that my body was so resistant to insulin that my needs for insulin were massive, beyond what any pancreas could produce!
By implementing fasting into my routine, I was able to reduce the level of insulin resistance in my body! Now, my pancreas is producing plenty of insulin to regulate my blood sugar without need to injected insulin to supplement what was produced in my body! My blood sugar is in great control without need for additional hormones or medication!
Knowledge is power
With the amount of research I have been doing about health (particularly about obesity and diabetes, which are closely related topics) I have gained a lot of knowledge in this area. Before I was powerless about this, because I did not know about it. I had very little knowledge in this area. Now, though, that I have gained much more knowledge than I had before, it makes me feel empowered. Knowledge is power!
Thank you Dr. Fung, for changing my life!